Gampaha Development Company (Private) Ltd-(GDC) is a duly incorporated company in Sri Lanka under companies act No 17 of 1982 as amended 2007. GDC emerged as a leading developer/ contractor in the district and has gained sufficient experience in township building, housing construction, condominium apartment building and property development.
During their existence GDC has been recognized as a developer who could completely transform isolated towns into highly populated new townships. Many of their developments have become landmark constructions and widely accepted by business community as well as public at large.
In the township building the motto of the company has been to pool hundreds of small businessmen desirous of acquiring a property on their own and give them an opportunity to own a shop in a large business centre instead of construction of a few individual shops by a few affluent people. This idea proved highly successful and was able to consolidate a large number of small investors giving a higher contribution to country’s GDP.
Also GDC is the one that pioneered in bringing condominium apartments to cities out of Colombo for the first time. On the other hand this township building and condominium apartments suitably matched the major constrain of availability of land.
The company’s activities are confined to Gampaha district except for one project at Nuwaraeliya, popularly known as little England for its cool climate. The success in selling the projects of GDC was mainly due to their careful selection of lands for development and their pricing structure adopted with the objective of fixing minimum price levels so as to attract customers at the shortest possible period of time.
Also the careful selection of ideal locations, customer relationships built over years helped GDC immensely to go for many projects one after the other at higher scale each time. It has a sound customer base that is ready to invest in any project that GDC ventures into as well.
Vision & Mission
- To pool hundreds of small businessmen desirous of acquiring a property on their own and give them an opportunity to own a shop in a large business centre instead of construction of a few individual shops by a few affluent people.
- Also jointly provide human, financial and logistical support to fulfill the desire of moving into urban settlements with better facilities.
- Continuing to be the pioneer in developing Gampaha district and help implementing the district development plans based on cooperative values whereby significantly contributing to national GDP
- Promote and support small & medium entrepreneurs.
- Promote and support construction industry.
- Reduce environmental pollution and health concerns by proper management of housing complexes.
- Strengthen overall business capacities by establishing townships & market complexes.